Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/nkherlifestyle/public_html/sitemain/wp-content/plugins/mailchimp-subscribe-sm/admin/classes/admin.php on line 542
Fall is a great time for fashion, and this year there are some really cool styles and trends to keep an eye on:
- Leather: Anything goes when it comes to leather this season – jackets, dresses, pants, and more are all great options. Motorcycle jackets are a great leather staple, but don’t be afraid to play with color – black is classic, but red and blue leather pieces look great too.
- Plaid: Prints are really in for fall – think of Burberry’s beautiful, timeless coats. Traditional plaids and diamond-shaped argyles have a warm and cozy vibe, and seeing these prints always makes me think of yellow leaves falling from the trees in a city park.
- Color: Burgundy is a big shade for fall, but all bright varieties of red and blue – even yellow! – are great. Incorporating these pops of colors is really simple; if you have a vintage piece that’s bold and bright, now is the time to pull it out.
- Suede and velvet: Rich, luxurious fabrics are very in for fall. These lush fabrics aren’t just for shoes, though – look for dresses and skirts in velvet and suede too. The soft material really gives you a feminine sophistication, and the way the colors shift depending on the light really makes each piece unique and eye-catching. Valentino has even made some really beautiful nude and yellow velvet dresses that look stunning for the season.
- Neutral tones: Color is really big this season, but so are muted, nude tones. As I mentioned, Valentino has applied this palette to some beautiful dresses, and Balenciaga has created some gorgeous neutral looks as well. The key is to go head to toe in all neutral shades – that means every piece from your shoes to your dress to you
- Cat prints: You can consider wild cat prints a cute neutral this season. Dolce & Gabbana included a lot of cat patterns, as well as Gucci, so if you’re a fan of cats, you’re in luck! You can try classic leopard or something more fun, and if you’re not comfortable wearing the pattern on your clothes, try a cat print purse.
- Ballet skirts: This pretty trend started last season and is following to the Spring Summer 17 collection. Valentino and Dior created some really fun, beautiful skirts for the SS17 season, and they’re great to wear with sneakers and a t-shirt for a casual look or with a gorgeous top and heels for the evening.